Public Works

  • Public Works Director Jay Flakus –

Need to Report a Problem?

For Water / Wastewater or Sewer Service
To report a problem with your Water / Wastewater/ Sewer service, please call (775) 463-3511.

For After Hours Emergencies 
To report a broken water line or plugged sewer problem or other Public works related problems, please call the Public Works After Hours Service Center  at (775) 463-7733.

Building Department

The Building Inspection Department is responsible for the inspection of building construction projects including:
Structural Elements, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Electrical Systems.

Please use this link for detailed building permit information and fees

Other responsibilities of the Department include:

Issuing building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and demolition permits

Checking plans

Overseeing structure / moving permits

Inspecting wood stoves

Maintaining special inspection reports


Our building jurisdictional areas consist of the City limits only. If you are building outside of the City’s jurisdiction, you will need to contact the Lyon County Building Department Office at (775) 463-6591

City of Yerington 2020 Consumer Confidence Report for Water

The City of Yerington is providing the attached Consumer Confidence Report for 2020 to inform our water customers of the safety of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems. All of the supporting lab reports are available to consumers directly from the link below: